My Mother

                    

When I first came to this strange world
And desperately cried to wriggle out,
You held me hugging to your heart;
I love you.

When as a child, I played mischiefs
And everyone mistook them for notoriety,
You bore them with merciful smile;
I thank you.

When in school, I had volumes to toil on my table
And the pressure just grew unbearable,
You sat by me night after night tending my nerves;
I respect you.

When for days I was down with illness
And the blinding pain wreaked dire despair,
You were the soothing balm;
I prostrate you.

When as an adult, I tossed on cross-roads
Unable to decide and direct my course,
You stood steady to steer me through;
I revere you.

When I grew responsible and old
And, at your expense, engrossed with family,
You still held my hand like a child;
I admire you.

When Time beckoned from far beyond
And on the final journey, you set out your sail,
Your smile still serene and blissful;
I worship you.

Now that you are no more nearly for a year
Your memories still linger in soft, sweet whispers
And thy rapture shall ever rule our hearts and souls;
O mother dear, I miss thou the most.

                   -----------------



                      


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alone Thyself

The Sai Phenomenon

A Prayer To Thee